If your device stuck on fastboot screen or if you want to know how to recover any Xiaomi device from fastboot screen, then this article is for you
Υthere are many reasons why a device can suddenly get stuck on its screen Fastboot, but the most common reason is the problematic software.
Why is the device stuck on fastboot?
When an Android device tries to boot, a special boot code called Bootloader, which is either built into the ROM installed on the device, but also in some cases on a special Chip on the motherboard. THE Bootloader on Android devices it is something similar to BIOS on PCs, and when the device is activated, its main role is to search for the Partition (boot partition) of boot.img which is responsible for the smooth start of the device.
When the device is initially manufactured, the bootloader is signed with the device manufacturer's key. Once the code located in its boot partition is successfully executed boot.img (a hidden partition on the device), then it will then try to load it system.img, which is the partition where all the MIUI system files are located.
If for some reason the system partition or any other partition of the device has been compromised and the keys provided by the ROM manufacturer do not match, or any of the necessary system partitions contain corrupted files, then the Booloader fails to successfully complete the entire process to boot the device, and this will result in the device entering the fastboot and it stays stuck there as many times as we try to restart it by doing reboot.
Get your device back to normal without Flash
For some reason your device got stuck on Fastboot, there is a chance that it will come back by simply Rebooting your device. To do this, while your device is stuck on the Fastboot screen, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and your device should boot. However, if it still gets stuck on the same Fastboot screen, then you should try using it Mi Recovery described below.
Recover your device using Mi Recovery
Sometimes, your device getting stuck on fastboot can be due to the corrupted or wrong data (DATE) that exist on your device, which means that you will need to delete them before the system can boot smoothly. This can be done through it Recovery, from where you will be able to do Wipe Data (delete user data). You should be aware though, that this process will erase all data from all apps (and the system), and you'll then have to set up your device all over again, just like you did the first time you turned it on. you bought.
How to delete data through Recovery:
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power (On/Off) buttons at the same time.
- Release the Power (On/Off) button when you see the Mi logo appear, but keep pressing the Volume Up key.
- You should see its screen appear Mi Recovery of Xiaomi.
- Press the volume down button to select it Wipe Data and press the power button (On/Off).
- Select it Wipe All Data and press the power button (On/Off) again.
- Use the volume down key to select it Confirm and press the power button again to erase all data.
- Now that all Data has been deleted from your device, you can reboot by holding down the power key until the screen turns off
If again this second way does not restore your device, and it remains stuck in Fastboot again, then the only way to be able to restore your device to normal operation is to Flash the original Fastboot ROM which is for your device, by downloading the necessary files from the Xiaomi Servers.
Recover any Xiaomi device using MiFlash
Before proceeding with the following procedure you should have downloaded the special Xiaomi software called MiFlash Tool. Flashing a Fastboot ROM is a fairly simple process, so you can do it yourself or with someone you know who is good with computers. A computer and a port USB 2 (not USB 3 because you might have problems) is all you need. It is usually safe to proceed with the Flash process, but you should follow the guide below carefully. Doing something wrong can cause bigger problems to your device, and then it will be necessary to visit an authorized Xiaomi Service to be able to restore it.
How to Flash an Official Fastboot ROM via Mi Flash:
- Find and download the right Fastboot ROM for your device from Xiaomi official page HERE
- Download MiFlash Tool from HERE ή from here
- Extract both the downloaded files to your PC using it WinRAR ή 7z.
- Run it Xiaomiflash.exe.
- Click the “Select” in the upper left corner.
- Navigate to the folder where you extracted the Fastboot ROM you downloaded in the first step.
- Select the folder and make sure it contains the folder with the images and the file . Beat
- Connect your device to the computer.
- Click the button «refresh».
- MiFlash Tool should recognize your device.
- There are options at the bottom right of the MiFlash window, we recommend selecting “clean all", but you can choose "save user data” if you have important files on your device storage that you want to save. CAUTION !! Don't select it clean all and lock!
- Click on "Flash” and wait patiently, Mi Flash Tool should automatically reboot your phone. Do not disconnect your device during this process, it may damage your device.
- After the process is over, your device should boot back into MIUI. If you had selected "clean all", you should now complete its steps Setup Wizard, as you did the first time you opened your device after purchasing it.
If it is MiFlash does not recognize your device, please check it Driver tab and install all the necessary drivers found in this section, Reboot your PC and repeat the above steps.
Good luck with restoring your device, and don't forget that you can always ask for any help you need from the knowledgeable members at our community forum HERE!
Do not forget to follow it Xiaomi-miui.gr on Google News to be informed immediately about all our new articles! You can also if you use RSS reader, add our page to your list by simply following this link >> https://news.xiaomi-miui.gr/feed/gn